Saturday, March 2, 2024

Virginia XXXII

Last September I wrote about my visit to VFW Post 9274 in Falls Church, VA. ( you can see that post here.)

While there I was surprised to find this small tribute to a single guy. I wondered who he was.

It is shocking to me just how little information I found about David Strickler. He was an Army Corporal and was lost in a mortar/rocket attack at Kontum in April 1968. That is about it.

The plaque is seen on the base of the flag pole
 

 

That, I guess, is why these memorials are important. Without them, we would just be forgotten. I guess over enough time, that is just what happens, but, for now, I will continue to catalogue, honor, and remember. When we are all gone, I hope this site will last, Lest we forget.

Next time, on the 7th, we will venture back to West Virginia, so, meet me there, as always, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from Virginia, or any other state, please click a state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else for that matter. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment