Friday, March 22, 2024

Arizona XXXVI

I traveled along the road in San Manuel several time before I realized what I though was just a sign on the side of the road was actually a memorial to those who were lost in 'Nam.

 


Seven young men from the surrounding area gave all in 'Nam and are remembered and honored here.  I have some fears as the gas station seems to be abandoned, so I wonder who will watch over these heroes, although this seems to be in pretty good shape. I hope it remains that way.


I will return to this site to feature the men here in the not too distant future.


San Manuel is located about 45 miles northeast of Tucson and was originally built as a company town for a Copper mining outfit. In 2010 it had a population of 3551.

Next time, on the 27th, we will return to California, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from Arizona, or any other state, please click a state name on the left side of this page.

As always, I will ask anyone who has seen Vietnam memorials that are NOT seen here to please send them to me. I will be more than happy to share your photos and any information you may have about them. Recently Joan from Wisconsin, Tony from Texas, Ron from Florida and a number of others have been kind enough to do this. You make this site better, more complete and I certainly appreciate your input. So, send them to the email on the left od to my personal email: ldddad@comcast.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment