Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Wisconsin XVIII

It has been quite a long time since I was in Wisconsin and until I have the chance to return I am going to keep referring back to the info that Joan Geraldson sent me. Joan stumbled across this site and sent me a number of photos that she took of the Wisconsin memorial that travels around the State. It honors many and reminds all who see it to remember the bravery, service, and sacrifice made by those to whom it pays tribute.

Called Wisconsin Remembers it was part of the effort to gather a photo for every name on The Wall. that was part of the effort to build an Education Center at the Wall. That effort was never completed, but you can see all the faces collected at The Wall of Faces.( https://www.vvmf.org/Wall-of-Faces/)

These men among all the others here made the supreme sacrifice.

As always, I will feature only a few at a time as to give them their due.



                                                          


I will post additional photos of the heroes from Wisconsin over time.

Next time, on the 17th, I hope to have a special St. Patrick's Day post, so, join me here, as always, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from Wisconsin, or any other state, please click a state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me just like Joan did! (Thanks again to Joan and all the others who have helped to make this site better by contributing.) I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else for that matter. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment