Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Virginia XXXI

Falls Church, Virginia is a near-in suburb of Washington D.C., so in an area so steeped in our history it came as no surprise that I would find a memorial to our service in Vietnam. In fact, I found three, but more on that in future posts.


The VFW here (Post 9274) has honored its members by painting a mural on one side of its building.

 

Along with the VFW insignia, Vietnam, GWOT, and Desert Storm, are honored. 

Next time, on the 11th, we will revisit West Virginia, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Virginia, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

If you follow along here you know that I always ask readers to send me any memorials, that I have not featured here, that they may have seen. I promise to give photo credits (which might only matter to professionals) and hope that some might do so. A number of you have honored me and our fellow vets by doing just that and I hope this will encourage more of you to get in touch.

If you have photos, please send them to the address at the right side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment