Friday, September 1, 2023

Vermont XIII

This may turn out to be the shortest post I have ever made.

I will be asking you, anyone who chances across this, to help me identify just where this small, poignant, memorial is located.

I ran across it while perusing photos from New England. I think it is from Vermont, but as occasionally happens, I cannot verify that as absolute truth.

This, of course, is where you come in. You have always figured it out in the past when something similar has happened. I am counting on you!

What is important about it is that it reminds of us of the commitment we Vietnam vets made when Vietnam Veterans of America was formed.

As is well known and documented, many Vietnam vets were not warmly welcomed home. the stories you have certainly heard of the disrespect shown them (us) are true. Not all of it fell upon any one vet and some vets were probably not subject to it al all. 

But, it happened to so many.

The only incident I will speak to here is the fact that the various Veterans organizations wanted little, and often nothing, to do with us. I, like many of my brothers and sisters, was turned away from their doors.

Hence, the birth of VVA. Our founding motto is emblazoned upon this simple stone, seemingly alone if a beautiful green field or meadow. I have no pictures in the file that give me any hint as to where it is except the file name, Vermont.

"Never again will one generation of veterans abandon another"

Help me find it!
 
So, maybe not the shortest post I have ever made after all.

Next time, on the 6th, we will return to Virginia. Meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Vermont, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment