Thursday, September 21, 2023

Wisconsin XVI

Today, I have the great pleasure of sharing some pics from Wisconsin, not that I have been there in quite some time.

Joan Geraldson was looking for a friend on line and ended up seeing some of these posts and so very kindly forwarded me some of her own pictures.

They are from a program called Wisconsin Remembers that was part of the effort to put a face to every name on The Wall. It was in conjunction with the effort to build an Education Center, underground, at The Wall in DC. that effort is now defunct, funding could not be secured.

The following are just a few of the pictures that Joan sent me, I will post others in a future post.



When I first began this project I was adamant that I take every picture that appears here. I felt it was my duty to stand in front of every memorial and pay my respects to my (our) lost brothers and sisters. So, it is great surprise how happy it makes me to share the photos from others. If you are following along, you know that in the last several post many are just that: pictures sent to me by others.

It gives me hope that others seeing these will do the same.

Thank you, again, to Joan for her kindness.

Next time, on the 26th, we will return to Arizona, so join me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Wisconsin, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page. 

If you follow along here you know that I always ask readers to send me any memorials, that I have not featured here, that they may have seen, just like Joan, Anthony, Molly and others, I promise to give photo credits (which might only matter to professionals) and hope that some might do so. A number of you have honored me and our fellow vets by doing just that and I hope this will encourage more of you to get in touch.

If you have photos, please send them to the address at the right side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment