Saturday, August 31, 2024

Wisconsin XX

Again, I rely on Joan from Wisconsin to supply me (as many of you have) with today's post info. As previously stated, she sent me some pic she took of a traveling Wisconsin tribute to those from her state who were lost.

These pictures, like all the others from this grouping, have been extracted from  much larger group photo of them all. That photo can be seen here. So the quality, after having been cropped and enlarged and generally fooled around with, is not as great as I would like but, I think the point is still made: these men deserve our respect and admiration.



There is little I can say about these men, these heroes all, that has not been said by others at other times so I will just let their faces say it.

This post falls into my sub group that I call Faces of Remembrance. You can see all of the faces collected by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund's The Wall of Faces here, ( https://www.vvmf.org/Wall-of-Faces/) Most, if not all, states have pictures of all who were lost or are missing from their state.

Next time, on September 5th, we will return to Arizona, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from Wisconsin, or any other state, please click a state name on the left side of this page. Please note that Canada, Ireland, and Puerto Rico have been added to the list.

If you are following along at all, you will have seen that a number of you, like Joan from Wisconsin, Tony from Texas, Mike from Maryland, Ron from Florida, Tim from Virginia and Molly from Florida, among others, have responded to my request to send me memorials you have seen in your area or where you may have traveled. I even got one from Ireland! These submissions help expand the knowledge of how we have remembered the men and women who served or were lost in 'Nam and you help to honor them. If you have any such photos, I would love to see them. Please send them along to the email at the left and I will gladly share them here. Thanks, once again, to all who have contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment