Friday, August 16, 2024

North Carolina XXV

Broadway, North Carolina has a marvelous veterans memorial. We have visited it previously and you can check out those posts here and here.

I noted in the original posts that there are a couple of different lists of those who served in 'Nam and that I did not see any explanation for the difference.

These names are all marked as KIA from Vietnam forward. This is not the case with those from previous wars listed here. I am trying to track down the correct information. I will update if I am able to do so.

Today, as promised, I will feature a few of those from Vietnam all of whom are designated as KIA. 

These are but a few of the many from various wars remembered and forever honored here.



 
   

The memorial was built with donations and is expected to be a place of gathering and celebration of our way of life. Water fountains, picnic tables park benches, and lighting are available for those wishing to honor and celebrate these heroes..

It is located at 210 South Main Street.

Next time, on the 21st, we will return to Pennsylvania, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from North Carolina, or any other state, please click a state name on the left side of this page. Please note that Canada, Ireland, and Puerto Rico have been added to the list.

If you are following along at all, you will have seen that a number of you, like Joan from Wisconsin, Tony from Texas, Mike from Maryland, Ron from Florida, Tim from Virginia and Molly from Florida have responded to my request to send me memorials you have seen in your area or where you may have traveled. I even got one from Ireland! These submissions help expand the knowledge of how we have remembered the men and women who served or were lost in 'Nam and you help to honor them. If you have any such photos, I would love to see them. Please send them along to the email at the left and I will gladly share them here. Thanks, once again, to all who have contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment