Tuesday, August 6, 2024

New Mexico XXIX

Returning to Lordsburg for me is easy. It is such a wonderful and inclusive site. It includes Vietnam, 9-11, First Responders and more. I will concentrate, of course, on the Vietnam components. I mention the others to encourage you to check it out if ever in the area.

The Wall here honors the many who served from the area in a variety of wars. 


The following are but a very few of the sons and daughters of Lordsburg who served in our efforts.




As I looked at the Wall I did not see any names of those lost. A check in with VVMF's Wall of Faces Identified these two from Lordsburg:

PO2 Ben G. Dugan 

LCPL Magdaleno Tarango

Rest in Peace, brothers.

And, finally for today a reminder of those whom we promise to never forget.

 
 
 
Next time, on the 11th, we will return to New York, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from New Mexico, or any other state, please click a state name on the left side of this page. Please note that Canada, Ireland, and Puerto Rico have been added to the list.

If you are following along at all, you will have seen that a number of you, like Joan from Wisconsin, Tony from Texas, Mike from Maryland, Ron from Florida, Tim from Virginia and Molly from Florida have responded to my request to send me memorials you have seen in your area or where you may have traveled. I even got one from Ireland! These submissions help expand the knowledge of how we have remembered the men and women who served or were lost in 'Nam and you help to honor them. If you have any such photos, I would love to see them. Please send them along to the email at the left and I will gladly share them here. Thanks, once again, to all who have contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment