Thursday, September 5, 2024

Arizona XXXVIII

Arizona is, as you know, a frequent stop on this journey. Business takes me there at least a time or two a year, thus providing me many opportunities to check out memorials and tributes on nearly every trip.

Over the years I began to notice and feature the faces found on various statues and other memorials along the way that I began calling Faces of Remembrance. There are quite a few of them on this site now, That led to discovering some, actually a very few, that actually presented the faces of some of those lost or missing.

These became a priority.

Today we once again return to San Manuel, AZ to honor a few more.

This somewhat unique memorial is much like a billboard listing names on one side and photos on the other.


These two share a name and their heroism. I could find no indication that they might be related and, after all, Garcia is an extremely common last name inn the American southwest.

Regardless, we honor them.

Next time, on September 10th, we will cross back over in to California, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from Arizona, or any other state, please click a state name on the left side of this page. Please note that Canada, Ireland, and Puerto Rico have been added to the list.

If you are following along at all, you will have seen that a number of you, like Joan from Wisconsin, Tony from Texas, Mike from Maryland, Ron from Florida, Tim from Virginia and Molly from Florida, among others, have responded to my request to send me memorials you have seen in your area or where you may have traveled. I even got one from Ireland! These submissions help expand the knowledge of how we have remembered the men and women who served or were lost in 'Nam and you help to honor them. If you have any such photos, I would love to see them. Please send them along to the email at the left and I will gladly share them here. Thanks, once again, to all who have contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment