Sunday, February 11, 2024

New Mexico XXVII

 

Outside the Luna Mimbres Museum on Hemlock Street in Deming is a Veterans Park and there are, at least, two markers to remember and honor our efforts. I featured one of these in an earlier post that you can see here.

Today, the other one.





I read an article today, that was dated 2017, that said that a new, more recognizable, memorial was being sought, but I have been unable to find any additional information. I visited this park within the last year so, I cannot guess what might have happened to the idea of anew memorial.

As always, if you know anything, let me know and i will update here.

Next time, on the 16th, we will return to North Carolina, so meet me there, as usual, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from New Mexico, or any other state, please click a state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else for that matter. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment