Friday, February 16, 2024

North Carolina

Returning to North Carolina is almost like coming home. I did my basic at Fort Bragg in 1966 and is always my first memory/association with the state.

I travel here fairly often and on a recent wedding trip found my way into Broadway. In the beautiful Broadway Park is this magnificent tribute to all from North Carolina who have been called to duty.

Fronted by this octagonal gazebo the park pays homage to hundreds, if not many more. Some of the plaques have names as far back as the Civil War.

The North Carolina Veterans Memorial seeks to demonstrate the service of many generations.

 

These plaques are just some of the many found here. I could not find out how they were grouped as many of the others on site are very different. these, there are eight of them with hundreds of names, are very different from some of the others in their design. I will feature some of those in a later post.

These are alphabetical, but so are all the others of these eight. As always, if you know more about this park, I would love to hear from you. I will, certainly, add or correct anything I have here. Many of you have helped me out in the past and I hope I will hear from someone about this.

Next time, on the 21st we will return to Pennsylvania, so join me there, as always, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from North Carolina, or any other state, please click on a state name on the left side of this page.

In addition to my above request, I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else for that matter. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment