Tuesday, May 9, 2023

New Mexico XXIV

Last fall I was in Arizona for a bit and drifted over into New Mexico and found a few really great memorial sites.

Today, I want to focus on Deming, NM. Deming is named for Walter Deming who revolutionized production in Japan after WWII. He tried, unsuccessfully, to get the attention of American business and finally approached Japan. The rest is history. (some companies in the US eventually caught on and adopted his measures, much to their betterment.)

Outside the Luna Mimbres Museum on Hemlock Street is a Veterans Park and there are, at least, two markers to remember and honor our efforts.

I will feature the smaller of the two.


There are several pieces of equipment displayed here.

Dedicated to all of our brothers and sisters, this marker is elegant in its simplicity.




Next time, on the 14th, Mother's Day, I will postpone a memorial post until the 19th and simply wish all Mothers, Step-Mothers, Gold Star Mothers and all the women in the world who care for our children a Happy day in recognition of all they do. 

To see additional memorials from New Mexico, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page. 

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment