Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Pennsylvania XL

Lancaster County, Pennsylvania may be best known of its large Amish population who do not serve in the military as per their religious beliefs. So, it was, perhaps, a little bit surprising to find this Veterans Plaza at the County office building in downtown Lancaster.

It we extremely difficult to photograph due to the numbers of people at the center, sadly, mostly the homeless. It was really crowded.

The plaza consists of several brick columns with plaques to individual military involvements.

Each of the individual columns has a specific memorial plaque.



There are no names listed except of Gov't. officials. Perhaps these are found elsewhere, by my count there are 72 known lost.

It always interests me to see the dates ascribed to the war, as I have often mentioned, we can't even agree on that.

Next time, on the 29th, I will, as I do most years, try to have something special for Memorial Day, so join me then, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Pennsylvania, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment