Friday, January 12, 2024

Arizona XXXV

I read somewhere about a memorial in Globe, Arizona. so, on my most recent trip, I drove the 100 plus miles from Tucson into beautiful, mountainous mining country in Gila County.

What ever I read had said it was a Vietnam memorial but when I found it on E. Ash Street, it turned out to be a more general memorial to all who have served.

It is beautiful never the less and after driving the more than 200 miles round trip, I figured I would include it here, anyway.


It was also, very hard to actually photograph. In addition to the extremely bright sun reflecting off the black surfaces, it was positioned so that I could not access all of the tributes.

This faces honors the U.S, Army: the first of America's fighting forces.

Here, the Marines are honored and the other non photo-graphable sides honor the other services.

I had hoped that this smaller feature was going to name those lost. globe only has a bit over 7,000 people so it seemed possible.

However, it lists a number of sponsors and actually speaks to the dedication and support of the local community.

Again, I am touched by the efforts of small towns.

Next time, on the 17th, we will revisit California, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00 am.

To see add additional memorials from Arizona, or any other state, please click a state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment