Monday, February 28, 2022

Illinois XVI

So, even a different view of faces. In this Faces of Remembrance series I have tried to show the different looks I have seen given to the statues I've found as I travel. Last time I showed some faces of vets and others seen at the dedication of the memorial in Honolulu. 

Then while once again searching my photos I came across these faces. These are unusual as they are faces of lost vets, but from a happier time. I guess they might be from their Basic training graduations.

I found them when I visited Havana, Illinois to photograph the memorial there. Across the street from the park where the memorial is, there was a storefront. the guy that owned it filled the display window with patriotic stuff and the pictures of many of the soldiers whose names were engraved upon the stone across the street.


 


 
These photos were taken through the glass of the display window, so, perhaps not the very best. However, any effort to recognize and honor our brothers and sisters, I applaud.

I have asked the site for additional information about these guys and will update if I hear back from them.

I will ask, at the end of every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state from the lost at the left.

Next time, on March 5th, we will make a return trip to Iowa, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Illinois, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment