Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Hawai'i' VII

Lately, since I have not been able to travel as much as I would like, I have been featuring faces from some of the memorials I have captured.

I thought that maybe it would be interesting to show some of the actual faces I've seen on my travels.

As it happens Hawai'i' is the perfect place to do that. I was invited to the dedication of the Vietnam memorial at The Punchbowl in Honolulu and all of the following faces were seen there. Only a couple will require any comment from me.

Mary Jacobs is the creator of the memorial (which you can find more about here.)




This guy may not be a 'Nam vet but he did us honor by placing a wreath at the new memorial. Thank you!


I can't swear that all these others are 'Nam vets but they sure do look like us and they all came to help dedicated this beautiful memorial as it took its place among the other memorials high on this hill overlooking the Punchbowl where so may lie. 

Mary Jacobs designed the WWII, and Korean War memorials, already in place here, more than 40 years ago. This, however, was the first dedication she had been able to actually attend, she was almost 90 at the time.

I will ask, at the end of every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state from the lost at the left.

Next time, on the 28th, we will return to Illinois for additional Faces of Remembrance, join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Hawai'i', or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment