Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Connecticut XVIII


I found this small memorial on my way to Stamford, simply located at the side of a road in a small Veterans Park. Mounted upon a rock is a plaque. I have seen many like it in my travels and in my efforts to continue to find things to post that honor our brothers and sisters who served, I decided to see if I could pull out these "portraits" to add to the Faces of Remembrance series that I occasionally write about here. You notice, if you are one of those that follow along on this journey, that I am posting ever more of these as I comb through my files for new subjects.

Cropping photos out of larger one seems easy enough, but my software, far too often, just refuses to cooperate. I worked on pulling these faces out for far longer than I would have expected and while the results are usable, they are less that I had hoped for.

Regardless, they represent and honor those who served and/or were lost.

I think I see resignation on this face and perhaps just a little fear.

While this one seems a bit bemused, perhaps.

The plaque which you can find in a post elsewhere on this site has the following written on it.

Vietnam War 

The Trumbull Beautification Commission Dedicates This Park As A Living Memorial To The Men And Women Of Trumbull Who Served Their Country During The Vietnam War. 

 “Your Sacrifice Is Not Forgotten”. 

Nearby is an individual stone dedicated to David Rhodes who was killed in 1968, three days past his 21st birthday.

 Rest in Peace  

The park is located on White Plains Road just a little north of Brock Street in Trumbull.

I would ask that any reader who might have pics of Vietnam memorials not found on this site to send them to me. I will be happy to include them here and give the sender full credit. I would like to make this site as comprehensive as possible and my ability to travel to every site out there is limited, so, let me know what you have. You can contact me at the email on the left.  

Note: I had some issues getting this most recent post up and running and these threw off the timing of posts. So, the timing will be adjusted and I will make every effort to return to the every five days at 9:00am. schedule. 

Sorry for the confusion!

Next time, on the 13th, we will return to Delaware for a new "Faces of Remembrance," post, so meet me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Connecticut, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment