Sunday, February 13, 2022

Delware XX

These faces taken from the memorial in Brandywine Park in Wilmington, Delaware are of the African American soldier carrying his wounded Caucasian comrade.

The somewhat dazed look on his face is nearly overwhelming. To any of us who lost a buddy, and who didn't, the emotion is obvious and painful.

The wounded comrade is clearly in terrible pain and his fear is unmistakable.

58,279, at last count, were lost in Vietnam and many thousands more still live with the wounds, physical and mental, that the war left with us. For me, remembering and honoring these, our lost brothers and sisters, helps. I hope it does for you. too.

Next time, on the 18th, we will return to Florida for some "Faces" from Orlando, so join me there, as always, at 9:00am.

I will ask, at the end of every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know.

You can reach me at the email on the left side of this page.

To see additional memorials from Delaware, or any other state, please click on the state name also on the side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment