Saturday, June 1, 2024

Arizona XXXVII

 Last time we visited Arizona, I shared the billboard like memorial in San Manuel. Today, I want to share a few of the faces featured and honored upon it.




These three are the first of the several I will feature over time. An interesting side note is that while looking into who they were, I found that only the third one featured here (Bateman) has any mention of Arizona in the very little I could find written about them. The other two are from elsewhere: Garrett (Texas) and Arriaga (Hawai'i'.) A mystery. If you can help solve it I would love to hear from you. Check the email on the left.

Next time, on the 6th of June, we will return to California, so join me there, as always, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from Arizona, or any other state, please click on a state name on the left side of this page. Please note that Canada, Ireland, and Puerto Rico have been recently added to the list.

If you are following along at all, you will have seen that a number of you, like Joan from Wisconsin, Tony from Texas, Mike from Maryland, Ron and Molly from Florida have responded to my request to send me memorials you have seen in your area or where you may have traveled. These submissions help expand the knowledge of how we have remembered the men and women who served or were lost in 'Nam and you help to honor them. If you have any such photos, I would love to see them. Please send them along to the email at the left and I will gladly share them here. Thanks, once again, to all who have contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment