Friday, June 21, 2024

Florida XXVI

 

I've been to Key West several times. The first time there was only a simple stone memorial sitting, seemingly, alone in the sand.

Then a brand new site was created. I have featured the new site here in the past (You can see that post here.) The second picture on the previous site is of the original memorial mentioned above.

These Faces of Remembrance are taken from the larger memorial. These types of renditions are most often the prevalent type as actual likenesses can create legal issues. So, when you come across actual photos or sculptures of specific individuals it is rare, often complicated, and involves lots of permissions not always easy to obtain.

Pulling the faces from the larger photo was not successful. This is the best I can do, not nearly good enough.


So, to attempt a better tribute to those from Key West, I tried this one and it is only marginally better, but better.


Then I noticed a pic that was dark enough that I had skipped right over it in the past. I had much more luck with this one.

The light lines through the pic are part of are a presentation of the flag.

Next time, on the 26th, we will revisit Georgia, so, join me there, as always, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from Florida, or any other state, please click on a state name from the list at the left side of this page. Please note that Canada, Ireland, and Puerto Rico have been added to the list. 

If you are following along at all, you will have seen that a  number of you, like Joan from Wisconsin, Tony from Texas, Mike from Maryland, Ron, and Molly from Florida have responded to my request to send me memorials you have seen in your area or where you may have traveled. These submissions help expand the knowledge of how we have remembered the men and women who served or were lost in 'Nam and you help to honor them. If you have any such photos, I would love to see them. Please send them along to the email at the left and I will gladly share them here. Thanks, once again, to all who have contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment