Sunday, June 16, 2024

Delaware XXVI


A short walk from the last post from Dover is a memorial to the women from the state who have served our country.

I had a little problem tracking it down due to my sketchy information about its location. However, a nice guy leading what appeared to be a school group knew precisely where it was and sent me on my way.

 

In my last post I highlighted the service of our sisters in 'Nam and here are a few more along side of their sisters-in-arms from other conflicts.


Once again, I salute all the women who have served over the years and especially those who stood so very tall in 'Nam. (See a post about the belated acknowledgement of the WASP service in WWII here.)

The memorial is located at the intersection of Legislative Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard North, on the right when traveling north.


Next time, on the 21st, we will return to Florida where I will attempt to pull some faces from the memorial in Key West, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00 am. and we will see if it worked!

To visit other memorials from Delaware, or any other state, please click on a state name on the left side of this page. Please note that Canada, Ireland, and Puerto Rico have been added to the list.

If you are following along at all, you will have seen that a  number of you, like Joan from Wisconsin, Tony from Texas, Mike from Maryland, Ron, and Molly from Florida have responded to my request to send me memorials you have seen in your area or where you may have traveled. These submissions help expand the knowledge of how we have remembered the men and women who served or were lost in 'Nam and you help to honor them. If you have any such photos, I would love to see them. Please send them along to the email at the left and I will gladly share them here. Thanks, once again, to all who have contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment