Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Georgia XXIII

For some personal reason, I have not been able to travel as much as I would like. As a result I find myself resorting to spending time reviewing trips and photographs that I have taken in the past.

This is not always a bad thing. I often find things I may have over looked or forgotten to come back to for another look.

Today, I was looking over some pics from trips to Georgia. I have been there a couple of times and noticed some details in pics I think are worth sharing. As is often the case, these details are frequently in the faces I find in the memorials.

Long time readers know that faces are important to me. They bring home in a stark manner the trials and horrors of war.

These come from the haunting memorial at Roswell:




The original posts from Roswell may be seen here and here.

To see additional memorials from Georgia, or any other state, please click on a state name on then left side of this page. Please note that Canada, Ireland, and Puerto Rico have been added to the list of states.

Next time, on the 1st of July, we will return to Maryland, so, as always, join me there at 9:00 am.

If you are following along at all, you will have seen that a  number of you, like Joan from Wisconsin, Tony from Texas, Mike from Maryland, Ron, and Molly from Florida have responded to my request to send me memorials you have seen in your area or where you may have traveled. These submissions help expand the knowledge of how we have remembered the men and women who served or were lost in 'Nam and you help to honor them. If you have any such photos, I would love to see them. Please send them along to the email at the left and I will gladly share them here. Thanks, once again, to all who have contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment