Sunday, December 3, 2023

Oklahoma IX

I keep being brought back to this memorial in Oklahoma City, at the Capitol.

There are several of these Bas Relief plaques (seen below) throughout the site and I thought I might try to draw out a few more of the faces from them.

This is always a bit of an imprecise exercise for me, but I will give it a shot.

As you can see from the above shot, there are several of the aforementioned Bas Relief scenes here. The following pictures were cropped out of the larger versions.




 

Each of these looses a bit in the cropping and necessary enlarging process, but the fatigue, stress, and melancholy cannot be missed or over looked. 

I will point out again that the "Big Guy" , on the right, used to greet visitors to this site, but when the town of Enid dedicated a facsimile of The Wall, the state moved him to Enid and designated the site as the official Oklahoma Vietnam memorial.

Next time, on the 8th, we will revisit Oregon, so join me there, as usual at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Oklahoma, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment