Monday, December 18, 2023

West Virginia XVIII

We will visit Morgantown HS in West Virginia again today and often until I can honor all of the men remembered here. As I have mentioned before, West Virginia lost more soldiers, per capita, then any other state and they deserve to be paid tribute.

It is unusual for a memorial to feature the pictures of all those honored and I would like to take advantage of the fact that Morgantown has opted to do just that.

This, of course, fits right into my sub-group: Faces of Remembrance.



So, as we head into a season of other distractions, take just a moment to remember these men and all the others whose families will experience another season without them.

R.I.P. brothers and sisters, you will live in our hearts forever.

Next time, on the 23rd, I will post some non-memorial pics to hopefully lighten the season (and to, once again, remind myself (and you) that I do other photography.

To see additional memorials from West Virginia, or any other state, please click on a state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment