Friday, December 8, 2023

Oregon XXI

 As many of you know from following along, I often go back to my files to see what I have from previous sites. Many times these sites are quite large and have numerous features that deserve to be highlighted. IN fact I frequently promise to return to sites, but other things seem to get in the way.

Today, I have been browsing through some pictures from Albany, Oregon and thought I would share a couple of more with you.

Albany, as stated in the original post lies about 70 miles south of Portland. You can check out that post here.

These are just a few of the features here.




In the previous post from this site, I mentioned that someone had hung jingle bells from the POW/MIA marker and then forgot to include a picture. Better late than never since it is, once again, the right time of the year..



I, also, just read this evening that the site has, once again, been vandalized. It appears that someone ran into one of the brick display cases with a  vehicle of some sort. It happened last winter, so I hope it has been successfully repaired by now. 

Next time, on the 13th, we will return to the east coast, specifically Pennsylvania. Join me there, as usual, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from Oregon, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment