Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Montana VI

One of the very first posts I ever made here was on a trip to Idaho and Montana. I wrote the very first post sitting in my friend John Spitzberg's dining room in Missoula.

The memorial in Missoula is one of the first I ever saw and a long time favorite. You can see the first post from Montana, here.

I noticed as I have been posting so many Faces of Remembrance series pictures that I had not included what might be my very favorite.

As stated in earlier posts, the Montana memorial is an angel lifting a dead soldier and it is one of the most touching I have ever seen.

Today, their faces. 

This is the angel and as I have said in the past, he is one of us and this is why I love him. You almost expect to see him in a field jacket under his wings.


And, this is the young soldier. Can't you just feel the calm resignation in his face?

The memorial was created by Deborah Fellows and may be found in Rose Park on Blaine Street and it is called, the Angel of the Fallen.

Next time, on the 4th of April, we will revisit New Jersey, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Montana, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment