Thursday, March 10, 2022

Kansas XI

Junction City, Kansas is the home of the state memorial to those who were lost in 'Nam: 761 KIA, 38 MIA*.

Their names are all listed here and their faces are represented by these two etchings.


 

As always, I try to glean some meaning from the faces and these seems  sad. Perhaps anticipating their roles on this memorial.

Next time, on the 15th, we will return to Maine, so meet me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Kansas, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, at the end of every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state from the lost at the left.

* These numbers are those that I first used when writing about this site. Subsequent searches have turned up a number of widely varying numbers from a few more than 600 to almost 800, so I'll just stick with my originals.

No comments:

Post a Comment