Sunday, March 20, 2022

Maryland XXXIV

I suspect that we all have had the experience of living so close to a place that we think we can always go there, and never do!

I have lived within driving distance of Washington, DC for nearly all of my nearly 75 years and have never been to the White House, for example, because I can always go, sometime.

Today's memorial was first erected in 1960 and is a short walking distance from a place I worked for 17 years. Never saw it. I had some idea that ot was there, but...

Well, today, I will share it with you.

It, like so many, honors those sacrificed in several wars and, like so many, is elegant in its simplicity.


A simple standing stone. Like those from civilizations from the deepest of times.


Enhanced by water, even though the fountain was not working last week when I visited.


Guarded by trees and honored by "old glory" it rests at the intersection of Woodmont and Norfolk Avenues in Bethesda giving solace to those who were there.

Next time, on the 30th, we will revisit Michigan, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

This memorial may be found near the intersection of Woodmont Avenue and Norfolk Avenue in a little park in Bethesda Row.

To see additional memorials from Maryland, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page. 

I will ask, at the end of every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state from the list at the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment