Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Maryland XXXIII


I have posted from Harve de Grace before and you can find that one elsewhere on this site, but I had read about a new memorial in the historic town but could not quite remember what it was about.

So, on a recent day trip to find new memorials for this site, I decided to take a chance and check it out.

After a little bungling around the beautiful town, visiting the original memorial, I finally had to ask someone. A very nice lady having her lunch along the river walk directed me to the new memorial.

It, too, is along the river walk and can be reached from Concord Street.

 
 
Since initial installation, better walking access and lighting have been added to the site.
 

The various panels all have specific meaning as you will see in the final picture.

Obverse   

I realize that is not specifically a Vietnam memorial, but there were about 58,279 Gold Star Families from that effort so I choose to honor them with this post. My own family qualifies from WWII and the GWOT.

Next time, on November 1st, we will visit that memorial in Massachusetts I teased about in the post before this one, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Maryland, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment