Sunday, October 17, 2021

Idaho XI

While searching through my many photos for something new to post I began looking in folders that i thought were complete.

I came across those from my visit to Mountain Home AFB in Idaho and decided to take one more look at what was there. I found just a couple that I liked and decided to share them with you today.


I am always attracted to flags and this one from under the wing of an aircraft with the beautiful autumn colors still somewhat on the trees just appealed to me. You might be surprised about how difficult it is to get three flags unfurled like this in a photo!


This F-111is the last of the several I photographed here. As you can see from the adjacent plaque it flew over 'Nam, Cambodia, and participated in the Mayaguez incident. This display plane is honored with the tail numbers of the first F-111 to be lost in 'Nam.

 
 
Again a flag shot that I like. the plane featured in this and the opening shot on the page can be found featured in an earlier posting from Idaho. Check it out by clicking on Idaho on the left side of this page and scrolling through 'til you find it.

Next time, on the 22nd, we will revisit Louisiana, so join me there, as always, at 9:00am.
 
To see additional memorials from Idaho, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment