Monday, July 19, 2021

Colorado XXXI

While just driving around Colorado near Denver I passed a military cemetery.
 
Sometimes these have wonderful memorials like at Arlington, Va or Riverside, California, so I took a chance and stopped in to see if I might find something.
 

Military cemeteries are always beautiful, well kept, orderly, dignified and that is what I found here.

 

Oddly, I parked in an area where there was no sign, no name, no identification at all: just endless headstones. I was able to track down the name: Fort Logan National Cemetery.

These are a few of the memorials here among the many.


I was able to find a few markers that honor those who served or were lost in Vietnam.


It is interesting to me that the only marker that can be read in the above photo is of someone who served in several wars including Vietnam.

 
 
A beautiful place indeed to lie among your 96,000 brothers and sisters.

R.I.P.

Next time, on the 24th, we will revisit Delaware, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Colorado, or any other state, please click on the state name on he left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment