Wednesday, July 14, 2021

California XXXV

When traveling northwest from Los Angeles to Oxnard, as I have often done, you pass through the town of Camarillo. I have found a couple of small memorials here and today I will share the one located at the Bob Kildee Community Park.

At the Pleasant Valley Aquatic Center there, just under the portico, is a tribute to those from the area who made the final sacrifice.


These, those of us lost, will be remembered and honored here forever.

I could find no connection between Bob Kildee and the memorial. He was a local business man and is honored by having the park bear his name. I could find even less about why the memorial was placed at this particular location but the 15 remembered here will be seen and hopefully remembered by all those entering the aquatic center for years and years to come.

Next time, on the 19th, meet me right here while we revisit Colorado. As always at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from California, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment