Friday, July 9, 2021

Alaska XI

Just a quick, promised, update today.

When I last wrote about the memorial at Wasilla, Alaska, I said I had no idea how Patrick Roy, my son's brother's name came to be listed among those honored. I, also, promised to try to find out and update you here if I learned anything.

Well, I tracked down some of the folks who are responsible for the memorial and they explained that Pat's name, along with all the others lost on the USS Cole, was added at the request of one of the service organizations. So, all of the 17 lost on the Cole are remembered here along with many others both living and dead.


Reading the other names on this panel I recognize some of them as pat's shipmates, one of whom is from Wasilla. I don't know them all, but I suspect this is the full listing. Here together, as then.

Sometimes faith is restored.

Next time, on the 14th, we'll check back on California, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Alaska, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of page.

No comments:

Post a Comment