Thursday, October 1, 2020

South Carolina VII

I have written before about Patriots Point. I keep coming back to it because it is the one site I have visited that replicates, to some degree, actually being in 'Nam. the folks here have done a magnificent job of creating a Navy Technical Support Base. I know that there is something akin to this, Army I think, in Florida but have not yet been able to get there.

When this damn pandemic allows me to get back on the road, I hope to visit. Like many of us who were in country, I am highly susceptible to this stuff, so I wait, sometimes not as patiently as others.

The towers always attracts me, there is only one here and this is just a slightly different view of it.

These are two of the choppers on display. Someone with more knowledge of Navy flying machines can probably do a better job of naming them than I can. I was strictly water bound on the Mekong River.


 

As I stated in a previous post I was Army, but in the Army's Navy and spent my time ferrying various supplies to bases at Can Tho and Dong Tam. We carried anything from perishables to tons and tons of bombs.

Next time, on the 6th, we will return to Virginia, so join me there as always at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from South Carolina, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment