Saturday, September 26, 2020

Pennsylvania XXX

On my trip to Scranton (Home of the world's best pizza) not so long ago, I was able to see a number of memorials.

Today, we will look at one in Dunmore an area in the general Scranton vicinity.

It is a memorial to many who served in our twentieth century wars and five from the Dunmore, lost in Nam are honored here.

 

 The tank is an M-60 from the Vietnam era.

Lou "Duchie" Arnone (name on the stone) is the man who managed to get the tank decommissioned for the memorial.

Many are listed here along with these five below.

Note that of the five from Dunmore who were lost, one of them was one of the eight military women who died in Nam. I have written previously about the considerably larger number of women lost during our twenty years in Indochina, but this is only the second of the eight women I have seen on memorials. I am sure that is due to oversight on my part.

Next time, on the 1st of October, we will revisit South Carolina, so meet me thee at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Pennsylvania, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment