Monday, September 7, 2020

Louisiana IX

We have visited Gonzales before but I was unable to show you all of what this great park offers.

Here are just a few more of the components that honor Vietnam veterans and our brothers and sisters who were lost for that cause in addition to veterans from all ages.


This guy greets you as you enter the park.


Last time I posted I featured this small dedication but was unable to show the detail in any meaningful way. Now, with some improved skills on my part, I am happy to share it once again.


 The eight men listed here deserve the repeat posting.


 Brick throughout honor many of those who served.


POWs and MIAs are not forgotten.


This beautiful fountain must be very calming when in operation. I am sorry it was not on the day I visited.

The Ascension Veterans Memorial Park lies between New Orleans and Baton Rouge at 1 S. Irma Avenue.

Next time, on the 11th we will visit a 9/11 memorial to honor the great losses of that terrible day.

To see additional memorials from Louisiana, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment