Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Arizona XXVIII

I have written and posted before about finding a memorial under construction on the Tohono O'odham reservation in Arizona. You can find that post by clicking Arizona, on the left side of this page, and scrolling back to find it.

While there, an hour west of Tucson,  I stopped into a  vets org., American Legion, I think, and had a really great conversation with the young woman manning the office. She explained that the memorial was an on-going project and that it was hoped that it could be completed in the not too distant future.

She proudly showed me an artist rendition and a miniature mock up of the proposed memorial.

 


She also pointed out these "medals" but could not explain the hand written numbers upon them. any one know what these mean?

 

She took me into a back room and showed me the grave markers that the organization supplies for their veterans.

 

I have not been back to that part of Arizona (or anywhere else) for a while, but on my next visit I will make a point of returning to see if it has been completed. Watch this space!

Next time, on the 26th, we will return to California, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Arizona, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment