Monday, July 3, 2023

California XLII

In 2015 I visited Fresno, California to see the tribute to thousands and thousands of Lao Hmong people who gave their lives supporting our troops in 'Nam.

At that time, I do not think that i was taking "portraits" of the few statues I actually came across in my travels. I don't actually recall, but whatever, I did not do it at this site.

I have made an attempt to pull these faces out of this memorial to share in my ongoing, subgroup, Faces of Remembrance series. I hope you will grant me some allowances as these pictures are not always of the quality I strive to achieve in my photography. BTW, you can see the original post from Fresno here.



These two Hmong warriors are attempting to save this downed American pilot.


 Fresno is home to one of the largest Hmong populations in the world. 

The memorial rests in Court House Park, outside the Fresno County Courthouse on Van Ness Avenue. You can read more about these brave friends and allies here.

Next time, on the 8th, we will return to Colorado, so meet me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from California, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment