Saturday, July 8, 2023

Colorado XXXVII

 I visited Fountain, Colorado the last time I visited the state. I didn't know what to expect and after visiting a small, defunct memorial  about to give up when some teenagers happened to walk by. I asked them about memorials in the area and they directed me to this wonderful park further into the area.

Once called Caboose Park (look behind the tree on the right) and then Mayor's Park, it is now dedicated to those who served their country.


There are a number of notable features here, but today I will focus on the Honor Wall.


The following, in no particular order, are a few of the honored. They need no commentary from me.




 

There are many, many more here from 'Nam as well as our other conflicts, they like all who serve deserve our everlasting gratitude. their families need all the support they need, and they, too, our respect.

Next time, on the 13th, we will return to Delaware, so meet me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Colorado, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment