Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Colorado XXXVI

 

Last fall I was, once again, in Colorado and as seems to happen most times I am there, I found myself at the Colorado Springs Memorial.

I am not sure why, but it seems to happen that each time I visit I find something I have not seen before.

This time it was a memorial to War Dogs.

If you have spent any time on this site, you know how big a soft spot I have for dogs. I've told the story of my dog in 'Nam. Not a military dog, just a dog who adopted me the day I arrived. She rarely left my side and only through the most difficult of circumstances was I forced to leave her behind when I came home.

Maybe that is why I always like to feature our friends, comrades and protectors when I have the chance.

So, as I walked around the site I came across these guys. Maybe they were always there, but this time we met.


The memorial, of course, honors dogs from many wars and those lost at the World Trade Center.

For some reason, I really like the idea of the two dogs gazing at the tower. 

There are a number of these pavers here honoring dogs from many wars and 9/11.

Next time, on the 9th, we will revisit Delaware, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Colorado, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment