Sunday, April 9, 2023

Delaware XXIII

I found a town in Delaware that has not one but two memorials to Vietnam. 

This might make perfect sense as the town actually lies within two states: Delaware and Maryland.

Both memorials seem to lie, however, in Delaware.

This one is just outside a small American Legion building on the corner of 2nd and Grove Streets.

While it may have seen better days, it is the one, of the two, that actually lists the name of one of our lost brothers.


The place calls itself "The little town too big for one state." The Delaware half of the town has a population of about 2100, (the Maryland half another 2500 or so.)


At a future date, I will share the other memorial literally a short walk away.

Next time, on the 14th, I will post my 1,000th post on this site and I hope to have something a little special, so join me then, as usual, at 9:00am.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment