Saturday, April 29, 2023

Montana VII

In 2013 I featured a memorial I ran across in Dillon, Montana, telling the story of a young man's journey to honor his uncle. You can see that post here. In looking over some of the pics I took at that site, I decided to post a couple more in honor of the uncle, the young man's efforts and all those remembered here. 

Dillon is about an hour or so south, more or less, from Butte.


Hundreds of names of those who served or were lost are honored on the individual bricks that make up the wall.




As mentioned in the earlier post, the man who did this memorial was a stone mason, so it was interesting to note this particular feature.

Memorials like this one, built by just regular people give me a sense of peace and pride. It is good to know that people care, and will go to great lengths to remember those who served.

Next time, on the 4th of May, we will return to Nebraska, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Montana, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment