Saturday, April 29, 2017

Pennsylvania XIX

While traveling through the Pennsylvania landscape, I came upon a couple of places with Bristol in the name. Bristol, Bristol Township, and Bristol Borough. I have written about a couple of these previously and you can find those posts elsewhere on this site.


Today, I want to share with you the memorial in Bristol Borough. It stands beneath an American flag along the Delaware River. Near the intersection of Radcliff and Clift streets it honers several from the area that were lost.





A simple wall, made mostly of brick honors the fallen.




Elsewhere in this same town is a larger memorial to all of the Vets, living and lost, that I will share at another time.

What is most interesting, to me, is that the area has no fewer than three memorials to or including Vietnam and an additional one to War Dogs, also see elsewhere on this site.

Click on Pennsylvania on the left to see these and other memorial from this great state.

Next time, on May 4th, we will return to Vermont, so join me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see memorials from any other state, click on the state name on the left side of this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment