Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Maine XI

Phippsburg lies about 7 miles south of Bath where the Navy builds some of her ships.


Founded in 1759 it has certainly witnessed much of America's history.



This Veterans and Mariners Park, right next to the Town Hall, honors those who have served the town and our country and commemorates the lost from the Revolutionary War through Desert Storm.



It may just be the most rustic site I have visited and I really like what they have done here. To me it represents the ruggedness of the area and the people whom it honors.



Note the dates on the Vietnam section of this memorial. I could find no explanation, but sometimes, at least, these unusual dates mark when the first from the area was lost. There are no designation here about KIA/MIA, so, I guess we may never know.


 Next time, on the 9th, we will revisit Maryland, so, as always, join me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Maine, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.






No comments:

Post a Comment