Wednesday, April 19, 2017

New York XII

Once again, I find myself in wonder. I visited this fairly elaborate memorial in Hicksville, New York and yet I can find nothing about it on line. All searches take me to Hicksville, Ohio, or to East Meadows where there is a great memorial in Eisenhower Park. I have written about that one previously. I have tried to contact the local newspaper, to no avail.


I had gone to Hicksville to see a memorial that turned out to be a part of a funeral home and the man there asked if I knew the one at the local school? I had not heard about this one and he took me out back and pointed just a block or two away from where we were standing.



If memory serves me (always doubtful) it stands on the grounds of the Hicksville Middle School.




The Veterans Memorial Park is dedicated to many veterans from many wars including our comrades from Vietnam.

Next time, on the 24th, we revisit Oregon, so as always, join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorial from New York, or any other state, click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment