Thursday, May 4, 2017

Vermont VII

I was going to my nephew's wedding at the Mountain Top Inn Resort in Chittenden, Vermont and as we turned the corner on the road up to the Inn, I saw this sign.


Longtime followers of A Means to Heal know that I have visited hundreds and hundreds of memorials in the US, Canada, and Ireland, but this one was a complete surprise. Not only because I was not expecting it, but, also, because of it's simplicity. If you have followed on this journey for any length of time, you know that memorials can be very elaborate, but this one, to me, is elegant because of its simplicity.



Those lost, I am guessing, are marked with a star as are the ones on the left side, WWII. The Vietnam portion contains no stars but in my research I have found two names of local citizens now known lost.



I do not know if there are plans to update this memorial and I can find nothing about it online. so, again, I will ask you to get in touch if you are from Chittenden or the area and have any information.

The memorial is located on your left just after you turn on to Mountain Top Road from E. Pittsford/Chittenden Rd.

Next time, on the 9th, we will head south to Virginia, so check back then,as always, at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Vermont, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment