Tuesday, January 24, 2023

New York XXVIII

I have written before about my nearly 50 year search for my buddy John and how he took me to the memorial in his home town.

I read recently the the memorial celebrated its 50th anniversary not too long ago, so I decided to have another look and realized that I had not featured the women's memorial at the site. 

It is not specifically Vietnam, but it is part of the larger memorial so I decided to see of I could pull the women's faces from it to share here.

Its not surprising that this process met with somewhat mixed results.

All that aside, however, I wish to, once again, honor the women who served with us.

United States Army



United States Marine Corp

United States Air Force

United States Coast Guard

United States Navy

I write on occasion that beyond the eight women listed on The Wall, some 56 other American women were killed while serving in some capacity in 'Nam. they were civilians all attempting to better the situation and lives of those affected by the war. You can read more about them here. they, too, are heroes, all. Check them out and be thankful that such people exist.

Next time, on the 29th, we will take another look at North Carolina. So, join me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from New York, or any other state, please click in the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment