Monday, January 9, 2023

Missouri X

Back in 2012 I posted from St. Peter's, Missouri about a privately built memorial to all those lost or MIA from 'Nam. Please go here to check out that original post.

Today as I continue to search for memorials across the country and through my many photos from over the years, I have returned to this post to attempt to highlight the one face I had any luck (though not that much) pulling from the site.

The face is taken, obviously, from the larger plaque that commemorated the service and sacrifice of the 1423 names currently listed on The Wall.


The face, as always=, is representative, but I believe that you can see resignation in it.


It did not, as is too often the case translate well from the larger picture, but even so the look is there.

I hope in the not-too-distant future to be able to return to Missouri as I have read The College of the Ozarks has created a memorial reminiscent of The Wall in DC. honoring the 1423, which coincidentally is almost the exact enrollment of the college.

Next time, on the 14th, we will revisit Nebraska to highlight some of the memorials in their extensive Veterans Park in Lincoln., so as always, join me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Missouri, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment