Thursday, October 6, 2022

West Virginia XIV

Back in 2013 I wrote about visiting Morgantown West Virginia and the series of small memorials to several engagements there. Recently, I was in the area once again and saw something about a plaque on a building downtown. I decided to check it out.

It turns out that it was the same location, it has just been revamped and updated. You can check out the 2013 post here.

 

Several wars are remembered here and as a point of interest, the blue strip on the plaza represents the Monongahela River (note the spelling difference between the county and the river) that runs through the area.

        


It is interesting just how little information I can find on this memorial. So, as I do fairly often on this site, I will ask your assistance. If you have any info as to the story of this site, when and why it was changed, etc., I would love to hear from you. You can reach me at the email ion the left side of the page.

Next time, on the 11th, we will revisit Alaska, so join me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from West Virginia, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of the page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment